Miss South Dakota, Morgan Peck, submitted this recipe for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
|1||cup butter at room temperature|
|1||cup granulated sugar|
|1||cup dark brown sugar, packed|
|1||tsp. vanilla extract|
|2||cups all purpose flour|
|1||tsp. baking soda|
|1/2||tsp. baking powder|
|2 1/2||cups quick-cooking oats|
|1 1/2||cups chocolate chips|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Mix butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the oats and the chocolate chips.
- Space cookies 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Check out more recipes for Midwestern