Southwest Pesto Burgers
Makes 4 servings
|1||large clove garlic|
|4||ounces fresh cilantro, stems removed and rinsed|
|1-1/2||teaspoons bottled minced jalapeño pepper or 1 tablespoon bottled sliced jalapeño pepper,* drained|
|1/4||cup vegetable oil|
|1-1/4||pounds ground beef|
|1/4||cup plus 1 tablespoon Cilantro Pesto, divided|
|4||slices pepper Jack cheese|
|2||tablespoons light or regular mayonnaise|
|4||kaiser rolls, split|
|1||ripe avocado, peeled and sliced|
*Jalapeño peppers can sting and irritate the skin, so wear rubber gloves when handling peppers and do not touch your eyes.
- For pesto, with motor running, drop garlic through feed tube of food processor; process until minced. Add cilantro, jalapeño pepper and salt; process until cilantro is chopped.
- With motor running, slowly add oil through feed tube; process until thick paste forms. Transfer to container with tight-fitting lid. Refrigerate until needed.
- To complete recipe, prepare barbecue grill for direct cooking.
- Combine beef, 1/4 cup pesto and salt in large bowl; mix well. Form into 4 patties. Place patties on grid over medium heat. Grill, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes (or, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes) to medium (160°F), turning once. Add cheese to patties during last 1 minute of grilling.
- While patties are cooking, combine mayonnaise and remaining 1 tablespoon pesto in small bowl; mix well. Top patties with mayonnaise mixture. Serve on rolls with avocado and salsa.
Serve with refried beans.
|Total Fat||32 g|
Check out more recipes for Mexican