Makes 4 servings
|6||ounces uncooked spaghetti or vermicelli|
|3/4||pound 95% lean ground beef or ground turkey|
|1||package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry|
|1/2||cup fresh bread crumbs*|
|1||large egg white|
|1||teaspoon onion powder|
|1||teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|2||cups spaghetti sauce|
|2||cups (5 ounces) small broccoli florets|
|1/2||cup packaged fresh julienned carrots|
*1 small slice (1/2 ounce) of torn bread processed in food processor into coarse crumbs
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, combine meat, spinach, bread crumbs, egg white, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper in medium bowl. Mix well and shape into 32 (1/2 inch) meatballs.
- Heat large deep skillet over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray. Add meatballs; cook 6 minutes, turning to brown all sides.
- Combine spaghetti sauce, broccoli and carrots; pour over partially cooked meatballs. Cover; simmer over medium-low heat 12 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Drain spaghetti; transfer to four serving plates. Spoon sauce and meatballs over spaghetti.
|Calories from Fat||23 %|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
Check out more recipes for Italian