Makes 4 servings
|4||cups cooked spaghetti squash (see Note)|
|1/2||teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|4||tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1||teaspoon crushed or minced garlic|
|1||cup heavy cream|
|1/2||cup grated Parmesan|
|12||ounces (about 2 cups) frozen, cooked, deveined shrimp, thawed|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|4||basil sprigs for garnish (optional)|
- Season squash with salt and pepper. Heat butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds; add squash. Stir and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until squash is heated through and coated with butter.
- Add cream and cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes or until cream begins to thicken.
- Meanwhile, in a separate nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add shrimp and stir-fry until heated through. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Add Parmesan to spaghetti squash mixture and stir to mix. Cook about 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- To serve, divide spaghetti squash and sauce among 4 pasta bowls. Divide shrimp and place on top of squash. Garnish with basil, if desired.
Two medium spaghetti squash, or 3 to 3-1/2 pounds, will yield about 4 cups cooked squash. To cook squash easily and quickly, pierce each squash to the center with a knife in two places. Place squash on a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 20 minutes. (If the microwave does not have an automatic turntable, turn squash 3 times during cooking.) Let squash sit for 10 minutes. Cut off stem end and discard. Slice in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and center membranes and discard. Using a fork, shred squash pulp into a colander to drain. Measure 4 cups; refrigerate any remainder for use in soups or salads.
|Serving Size:||1 cup squash with sauce plus 1/2 cup shrimp|
|Calories from Fat||72 %|
|Total Fat||43 g|
|Saturated Fat||24 g|
Check out more recipes for Pasta