Try this great recipe from the football fans and players on TLC's Kick Off Cook Off.
See more recipes from TLC's KICK OFF COOK OFF, a new cooking competition that slams together America's two favorite pastimes: football and cooking!
|1||12-ounce package of smoked sausages or any other sausages|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|2||large red onions peeled and sliced about 1/4 inch thick|
|1||small container of about 10 colorful mini bell peppers|
|1||small container of mini heirloom tomatoes|
|5||ounces of freshly grated mozzarella cheese|
|5||ounces of goat cheese|
|3||tablespoons of chopped flat leaf Italian parsley|
|3||cloves of garlic minced|
|1||jar of your favorite pasta sauce|
|1||tablespoon tomato paste|
|1||teaspoon red chili flakes|
|1/4||teaspoon dried oregano|
|1||tablespoon chipotle peppers and sauce for chipotle mayo|
|1||loaf of ciabatta bread or any rustic bread you like for dipping|
|freshly ground black pepper|
you can substitute cream cheese if you don't like goat cheese
- Mix the shredded mozzarella with the goat cheese and chopped parsley. Then, stuff inside the peppers.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Score the sausage links.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and chorizo to cook down and melt. Add the red onion and chopped garlic and soften. Be careful not to burn garlic. Add the tomato paste and fry the paste a little.
- Next add the heirloom tomatoes and the stuffed bell peppers. After the peppers start browning, add the pasta sauce, chili flakes a little salt and pepper and top it off with dry oregano.
- Cover with more mozzarella cheese and stick in oven to broil for 3 to 5 min.
- Remove from oven and let it sit for a minute while you grill, toast or cut up your bread. Plate and serve.
Check out more recipes for Meat