Spice-Rubbed Beef Brisket
Makes 12 servings
|2||cups hickory chips|
|1||teaspoon chili powder|
|1||teaspoon garlic pepper|
|1||beef brisket (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)|
|1/4||cup beer or beef broth|
|1||tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1||tablespoon balsamic vinegar|
|1||teaspoon olive oil|
|1/4||teaspoon dry mustard|
|6||ears corn, cut into 2-inch pieces|
|12||small new potatoes|
|6||carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces|
|2||green bell peppers, cut into 2-inch squares|
|6||tablespoons each lemon juice and water|
|1-1/2||teaspoons salt-free Italian seasoning|
- Cover hickory chips with water and soak 30 minutes. Prepare grill for indirect grilling. Bank briquets on either side of water-filled drip pan.
- Combine salt, paprika, chili powder and garlic pepper in small bowl. Rub spice mixture onto both sides of brisket; loosely cover with foil and set aside. Combine beer, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, oil and dry mustard in small bowl; set aside.
- Drain hickory chips; sprinkle 1/2 cup over coals. Place brisket on grid directly over drip pan; grill on covered grill over medium coals 30 minutes. Baste with reserved beer mixture; turn over every 30 minutes for 3 hours or until meat thermometer reaches 160°F when inserted into thickest part of brisket. Add 4 to 9 briquets and 1/4 cup hickory chips to each side of fire every hour.
- Alternately thread vegetables onto metal skewers. Combine lemon juice, water and Italian seasoning in small bowl; brush onto vegetables. Grill vegetables with brisket 20 to 25 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Remove brisket to cutting board; tent loosely with foil and let stand 10 minutes before carving. Remove excess fat. Serve beef with vegetable kabobs. Garnish as desired.
|Calories from Fat||21 %|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Check out more recipes for Beef