Spiced Pear with Vanilla Ice Cream
Makes 2 servings
|1||sheet (18X12 inches) heavy-duty foil|
|2||teaspoons butter, softened|
|1||tablespoon light brown sugar|
|1/4||teaspoon pumpkin pie spice|
|1||large Bosc pear, halved lengthwise and cored|
|2||scoops vanilla ice cream|
- Preheat toaster oven or oven to 450°F. Coat center of foil with butter.
- Combine sugar and pumpkin pie spice in small bowl. Sprinkle sugar mixture over butter. Sprinkle cut sides of pear halves with lemon juice. Place pear halves, cut side down, side by side on sugar mixture.
- Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal foil packet, leaving headspace for heat circulation. Place packet on toaster oven tray or baking sheet.
- Bake 40 minutes or until pear halves are tender. Remove from oven. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Open packet and transfer pear halves to serving plates. Spoon sauce over pears. Serve with ice cream.
Check out more recipes for Ice Cream & Sorbets