Spiced Wafers the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
|1/2||cup (1 stick) butter, softened|
|1-3/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|2||teaspoons baking powder|
|1||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/4||teaspoon ground cloves|
|Red hot candies or red colored sugar for garnish (optional)|
- Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add sugar; beat until well blended. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in large bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture at low speed, blending well after each addition.
- Shape dough into 2 logs, each about 2 inches in diameter and 6 inches long. Wrap each log in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets. Cut logs into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place at least 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Decorate with candies or colored sugar, if desired.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until edges are light brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight container.
|Serving Size:||1 cookie|
|Calories from Fat||37 %|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Check out more recipes for Cookies