Spicy Ginger Molasses Cookies the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Spicy Ginger Molasses Cookies
Makes about 1 dozen (4-inch) cookies
|2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1-1/2||teaspoons ground ginger|
|1||teaspoon baking soda|
|1/2||teaspoon ground cloves|
|3/4||cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened|
|1/2||cup yogurt-covered raisins|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, ginger, baking soda, cloves and salt in small bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter and 1 cup sugar in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add molasses and egg; beat until well blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture at low speed just until blended.
- Drop dough by level 1/4 cupfuls about 3 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets; flatten with bottom of glass dipped in additional sugar until about 2 inches in diameter. Press 8 to 9 yogurt-covered raisins into dough of each cookie.
- Bake 11 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets; slide parchment paper and cookies onto wire racks. Cool completely.
Check out more recipes for Ginger & Spice