Spiders On A Log the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 12 servings
|Lemon Filling or 1 cup prepared lemon curd|
|Grated peel of 1 lemon|
|1/3||cup all-purpose flour|
|1/2||cup shredded coconut|
|Creepy Spider Cookies|
- Prepare Lemon Filling; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 15X10-inch jelly-roll pan. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper. Grease and flour paper; set aside.
- Beat egg whites and salt in large bowl with electric mixer at high speed until frothy. Add sugar by tablespoonfuls until egg whites are stiff and glossy.
- Combine egg yolks and lemon peel in another large bowl; beat until thick and lemon colored. Fold whites into yolks. Fold in cornstarch and flour.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake 12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Meanwhile, lightly dust clean kitchen towel with powdered sugar. Loosen warm cake from edges of pan with spatula; invert onto prepared towel. Remove pan; carefully peel off paper. Using the towel as an aid, gently roll up cake and towel together from one long side. Let stand for 2 minutes. Unroll and let stand for 5 minutes. Reroll and cool completely on wire rack.
- Prepare Vanilla-Marshmallow Frosting and Creepy Spider Cookies; set aside.
- To assemble, unroll cake and spread with Lemon Filling. Gently roll up and place on serving platter, seam side down. Frost cake; sprinkle with coconut. Place cookies around cake.
Check out more recipes for Halloween