Al dente lasagna noodles generously filled with spinach and feta cheese served with a delicious basil-infused tomato sauce Recipe concept developed by The Culinary Institute of America
PREP TIME 1 hour
COOK TIME 1 hour 30 minutes
|1/2||Cup + 1 Tablespoon crumbled feta cheese|
|1||Tablespoon minced garlic|
|1/4||Cup thinly sliced fresh basil|
|3||can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, undrained|
|1||Tablespoon olive oil|
|1||Cup chopped red onion|
|9||*serving (1/3 sec spray) PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray|
|9||(10x2-1/8 inches) dry lasagna noodles, uncooked|
|2||Tablespoon minced shallots|
|1/4||Teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/2||Teaspoon ground black pepper|
|3||pkg (10 oz each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry|
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cook lasagna noodles for about 6 minutes in salted, boiling water (or until pliable but still firm). When done, rinse with cold water, drain. Spray noodles with cooking spray to prevent sticking until ready to fill.
- Meanwhile, make Tomato Coulis. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat 1 minute. Add onion and garlic; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until onion is tender. Add undrained tomatoes; cook over medium-low heat 30 minutes (sauce should be gently bubbling around edge of pan). Remove from heat; add basil, salt and pepper. Working in batches, place coulis in blender container and puree until smooth. Place coulis in baking dish; set aside.
- Make Filling: Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute. Add shallots; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender. Blend in well-drained spinach, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Place plastic wrap on work surface. Lay out lasagna noodles. Top each with equal amounts of spinach mixture (about 1/3 cup). Spread spinach evenly over each noodle leaving last 2 inches uncovered. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon feta over spinach on each noodle. Roll up each starting with the covered end. Carefully cut each roll-up in half and place ruffled-edge facing up in dish. Cover dish with aluminum foil. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and roll-ups are hot.
- To serve, spread 1/2 cup hot coulis in each shallow bowl; top each with 3 roll-ups. Remaining sauce may be served on side.
|Serving Size:||3 roll-ups and 1/2 cup coulis|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
|Vitamin A||10382 iu|
|Vitamin C||22 mg|
Check out more recipes for Pasta