Spinach Phyllo Bundle
Makes 6 to 8 servings
|1||tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1/4||cup finely chopped onion|
|1||package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry|
|1||package (10 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and cut into quarters|
|1||cup small broccoli florets, steamed|
|2||red bell peppers, seeded, cut into squares and roasted|
|1||cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese|
|3/4||cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1||cup minced fresh cilantro|
|1/4||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|6||to 8 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted|
|12||sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed|
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook and stir onions 3 minutes. Add spinach; cook 5 minutes or until spinach is dry.
- Add artichoke hearts, broccoli and bell peppers to skillet; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses, cilantro and nutmeg.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush 12-inch pizza pan with butter. Unroll phyllo dough. Cover with plastic wrap and damp, clean kitchen towel to prevent phyllo from drying out.
- Lay one sheet phyllo dough on clean surface; brush top with butter. Fold crosswise in half and place on pizza pan. Brush with butter.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo dough sheets and butter, arranging phyllo in pinwheel fashion on pan.
- Spoon spinach mixture onto phyllo, making a mound 8 inches in diameter. Bring up several phyllo dough sheets at a time over filling; repeat with remaining phyllo dough. Brush with butter.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes; cut into wedges.
Check out more recipes for Vegetarian