Spinach Sensation the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 6 servings
|1/2||pound bacon slices|
|1||cup (8 ounces) sour cream|
|2||tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry|
|1/2||cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese|
|1/2||cup dry bread crumbs|
|1||tablespoon butter, melted|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2-quart round baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place bacon in single layer in large skillet; cook over medium heat until crisp. Remove from skillet; drain on paper towels. Crumble and set aside.
- Combine sour cream, egg yolks, flour and pepper in large bowl; set aside. Beat egg whites in medium bowl at high speed of electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Stir one fourth of egg whites into sour cream mixture; fold in remaining egg whites.
- Arrange half of spinach in prepared dish. Top with half of sour cream mixture. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over sour cream mixture. Sprinkle bacon over cheese. Repeat layers, ending with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter in small bowl; sprinkle evenly over cheese. Bake, uncovered, 30 to 35 minutes or until egg mixture is set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish as desired.
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Calories from Fat||67 %|
Check out more recipes for Casseroles & Dishes