Steak & Gnocchi Bake the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
|2||packages (1 pound each) gnocchi (frozen or dried)|
|1/2||pound button mushrooms|
|1||boneless beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)|
|1/2||cup steak sauce|
|1/4||to 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|3||tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature|
|3||tablespoons whole-grain mustard|
|6||to 8 sheets (18X12 inches) heavy-duty foil, lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray|
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Cook gnocchi according to package directions; drain.
- Gently combine prepared gnocchi and mushrooms in medium bowl.
- Cut steak across the grain into 1/8-inch slices. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine steak sauce, cheese, butter and mustard in small bowl.
- Place one-sixth gnocchi mixture in center of each sheet of foil. Divide beef into six portions and arrange on top of gnocchi mixture. Divide sauce mixture into six portions and place on beef.
- Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packets, leaving head space for heat to circulation. Place packets on baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes until beef is tender. Remove packets from oven. Carefully open one end of each packet to allow steam to escape. Open packets and transfer contents to serving plates.
Check out more recipes for Beef