Stir-Fried Broccoli the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 6 servings
|4||ounces fresh bean sprouts|
|1||tablespoon cold water|
|1||tablespoon oyster sauce|
|1||tablespoon vegetable oil|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|3/4||cup vegetable or chicken broth|
|1/4||cup pimiento strips, drained|
- Cut woody stems from broccoli; discard. Peel stems and cut diagonally into slices. Cut tops into florets; rinse. Cut onion into wedges and celery diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Rinse bean sprouts and drain, removing any green hulls. Set aside.
- Combine cornstarch, water, oyster sauce, salt and sugar in small bowl; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat wok over high heat about 1 minute or until hot. Drizzle oil into wok and heat 30 seconds. Add broccoli stems, onion and celery; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add broccoli florets and garlic; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add broth. Cover and cook about 3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture until smooth. Add to wok. Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add bean sprouts and pimiento; stir-fry just until heated through. Transfer to serving dish.
Check out more recipes for Asian