Stir-Fried Scallops with Vegetables the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Stir-Fried Scallops with Vegetables
Makes 4 servings
|1||pound sea scallops|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|1/2||cup vegetable broth|
|3||tablespoons butter or margarine, divided|
|1||package (6 ounces) red radishes, quartered|
|1/4||cup dry white wine|
|1||package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, partially thawed|
|1/2||cup sliced bamboo shoots|
|Hot cooked couscous|
- Rinse scallops and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Stir broth into cornstarch in cup until smooth; set aside.
- Heat wok over high heat about 1 minute or until hot. Add 1-1/2 tablespoons butter; swirl to coat bottom and heat 30 seconds. Arrange half the scallops in single layer in wok, leaving 1/2 inch between. (Scallops should not touch.) Cook scallops until browned on both sides. Remove scallops to large bowl. Repeat with remaining 1-1/2 tablespoons butter and scallops. Reduce heat to medium-high.
- Add radishes to wok; stir-fry about 1 minute or until crisp-tender. Remove radishes to bowl with scallops.
- Add wine to wok. Stir broth mixture; add to wok. Add snow peas and bamboo shoots; cook and stir until heated through.
- Return scallops and radishes to wok; cook and stir until heated through. Serve over couscous. Garnish as desired.
Check out more recipes for Shellfish