Stir-Fried Turkey with Broccoli
Makes 4 to 6 servings
|2||tablespoons lemon juice|
|Peel of 1 lemon, grated|
|1||teaspoon dried thyme|
|1/4||teaspoon white pepper|
|1||pound turkey cutlets, cut into strips|
|1||pound fresh broccoli, florets separated and stems cut into 2-inch pieces|
|1||cup chicken broth|
|3||tablespoons vegetable oil, divided|
|1/4||pound fresh button mushrooms, sliced|
|1||medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings|
|1||can (14 ounces) pre-cut baby corn, rinsed and drained*|
|Hot cooked rice|
*Or, substitute 15-ounce can whole baby corn, cut into 1-inch lengths.
- Combine lemon juice, peel, thyme, salt and pepper in small bowl. Add turkey to lemon mixture; coat well. Marinate 30 minutes.
- Place 4 cups water in wok; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli stems; cook 1 minute. Add florets; cook 2 minutes more or until crisp-tender. Drain; rinse with cold water.
- Stir chicken broth into cornstarch in cup until dissolved; set aside.
- Heat wok over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and butter; heat until hot. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add onion; stir-fry 2 minutes. Remove to large bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok. Fry half the turkey strips in single layer 1-1/2 minutes or until well browned. Transfer to mushroom mixture. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and turkey.
- Add baby corn to wok and heat 1 minute. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to wok and cook until bubbly. Add turkey, broccoli, mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until heated through. Serve over rice.
Check out more recipes for Turkey