Strawberries and Cream Mousse Cake
Prep Time 20 minutes
Makes 10 servings
|1||purchased angel food cake (14 to 16 ounces)|
|1/4||cup strawberry jelly|
|2||cups whipping cream, divided|
|1||pint strawberries, washed, hulled and divided|
|3||tablespoons powdered sugar|
- Slice 1 inch layer from top of cake; lift off in 1 piece and set aside. Hollow out cake leaving 3/4-inch border on sides and 1-inch border on bottom. Save cake crumbs for another use.
- Beat jelly in small deep bowl at medium speed of electric mixer. Add 1 cup whipping cream; beat at high speed 2 minutes or until soft peaks form.
- Chop enough strawberries to measure 1-1/2 cups; fold into whipped cream mixture. Spoon cream mixture into hollowed out cake until even with top of cake. Replace cake top.
- Whip remaining 1 cup cream in small deep bowl at high speed 2 minutes or until thickened; beat in sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Frost cake with whipped cream.
- Cut remaining strawberries in half. Arrange on cake.
|Total Fat||18 g|
Check out more recipes for Cakes