Freeze Time 2 hours
Cool Time 1/2 hour
Bake Time 20 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Makes 10 servings
|1/2||cup sifted cake flour|
|1/4||cup sugar substitute*|
|1/2||teaspoon cream of tartar|
|1/3||cup granulated sugar|
|1||tablespoon powdered sugar|
|1||pint no-sugar-added, reduced-fat strawberry ice cream, softened|
*This recipe was tested with sucralose-based sugar substitute.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 15x10-inch jelly-roll pan with waxed paper.
- Combine flour and sugar substitute in small bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer at high speed until foamy. Add vanilla and cream of tartar. Beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Sift one third of flour mixture over egg white mixture; fold in. Repeat with remaining flour mixture. Spread into prepared pan. Bake 20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Meanwhile, lightly sprinkle powdered sugar over one side of clean towel. Use narrow spatula to loosen edges of cake from pan. Invert pan over prepared towel. Roll up towel and cake, starting from short side. Cool on wire rack.
- Unroll cake. Remove towel. Spread with ice cream. Roll up cake. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut cake into 10 slices before serving. Top each serving with 1 sliced strawberry.
|Serving Size:||1 (1-inch) slice with 1 sliced strawberry|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Calories from Fat||27 %|
Check out more recipes for Cakes