Final prep time 5 minutes
Make-ahead time 1 day before serving
Makes 6 servings
|4||fresh strawberries, sliced|
|2/3||cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided|
|1||teaspoon unflavored gelatin|
|1||package (6-serving size) vanilla pudding mix|
|2-1/2||cups reduced-fat (2%) milk|
|1||package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and undrained|
|3||cups thawed frozen nondairy whipped topping, divided|
|2/3||cup chopped fresh strawberries or whole fresh blueberries|
|1||package (7 ounces) dry Champagne biscuits (4-inch-long ladyfinger-like biscuits)|
|Additional fresh strawberries or blueberries|
- Line bottom and side of 5-cup soufflé dish with heavy duty plastic wrap. Arrange sliced strawberries in bottom of prepared dish. Set aside.
- Bring 2/3 cup sugar and 2/3 cup water to a boil in small saucepan, stirring constantly, until sugar melts. Remove from heat; cool.
- Combine gelatin and 1 tablespoon water in small bowl. Combine pudding mix and milk in heavy saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Add gelatin to pudding mixture; stir until gelatin dissolves. Transfer mixture to large bowl; cool slightly.
- Place frozen strawberries in food processor or blender; process until smooth. Stir 1/2 cup strawberry purée into pudding mixture; let stand 15 to 20 minutes or until cool but not set, stirring occasionally. Gently fold 2-1/2 cups whipped topping and chopped strawberries into pudding mixture.
- Trim about 15 biscuits to 3-inch lengths. Dip into sugar mixture, allowing excess to drip back into saucepan. Arrange biscuits around side of prepared dish, sides touching and rounded ends pointing up. Spoon pudding mixture into prepared dish. Dip remaining biscuits in sugar mixture, allowing excess to drip back into saucepan; arrange on top of pudding mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir remaining 3 tablespoons sugar into remaining strawberry purée; cover and refrigerate overnight. To complete recipe, unmold charlotte onto serving platter; remove plastic wrap. Serve with strawberry purée and remaining 1/2 cup whipped topping.
Serve with additional fresh strawberries or blueberries.
|Total Fat||14 g|
Check out more recipes for French