Strawberry, Cream Cheese and Blueberry Star
Any patriotic holiday is made extra special with this colorful layered gelatin mold. Vary the mold shape and gelatin flavors to suit the holiday at hand.
Makes 14 to 16 servings
|6||cups boiling water, divided|
|1||package (6 ounces) strawberry-flavored gelatin|
|1||package (16 ounces) frozen strawberries (about 4 cups)|
|1||package (3 ounces) lemon-flavored gelatin|
|2||packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened|
|1||cup whipping cream, divided|
|1||package (6 ounces) blueberry-flavored gelatin|
|1||package (12 ounces) frozen blueberries (about 2-1/2 cups)|
|Fresh raspberries and/or blueberries (optional)|
|11-cup star mold or other decorative mold|
|1||large serving plate|
|Pastry bag and medium star tip|
- Spray mold with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Pour 2-1/2 cups boiling water over strawberry gelatin in medium bowl; stir until gelatin dissolves. Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add frozen strawberries; stir until berries are thawed. Spoon into prepared mold. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Pour 1 cup boiling water over lemon gelatin in small bowl; stir until gelatin dissolves. Refrigerate until thickened, but not firm, about 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and mayonnaise in medium bowl until well blended. Add 1/2 cup cream and chilled lemon gelatin; beat until light colored and foamy. Spoon over gelatin layer in pan. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Pour remaining 2-1/2 cups boiling water over blueberry gelatin in medium bowl; stir until gelatin dissolves. Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add frozen blueberries; stir until blueberries are thawed. Spoon over lemon gelatin layer in mold. Refrigerate until set, about 8 hours or overnight.
- To unmold, pull gelatin mixture from edge of mold with moistened fingers. Or, run small metal spatula or pointed knife around edge of mold. Dip bottom of mold briefly into warm water. Place serving plate on top of mold. Invert mold and plate and shake to loosen gelatin. Gently remove mold.
- Just before serving, beat remaining 1/2 cup cream in medium bowl until stiff peaks form. Spoon into pastry bag fitted with star tip; use to decorate mold as shown in photo. Garnish with fresh berries, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Other Special Occasions