Strawberry Streusel Squares the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Strawberry Streusel Squares
Makes 12 servings
|1||package (about 18 ounces) yellow cake mix, divided|
|3||tablespoons uncooked old-fashioned oats|
|1-1/2||cups sliced strawberries|
|3/4||cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided|
|3/4||cup diced strawberries|
|1/3||cup unsweetened applesauce|
|1/2||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/8||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13X9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; lightly coat with flour.
- Combine 1/2 cup cake mix and oats in small bowl. Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
- Place 1-1/2 cups sliced strawberries and 2 tablespoons water in blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer to small bowl; stir in 3/4 cup diced strawberries. Set aside.
- Place remaining cake mix in large bowl. Add remaining 3/4 cup water, egg whites, applesauce, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat at low speed of electric mixer 30 seconds or just until moistened. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Spoon strawberry mixture evenly over batter, spreading lightly. Sprinkle evenly with oat mixture. Bake 31 to 34 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
|Calories from Fat||19 %|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Check out more recipes for Fruit Desserts