Strawberry Trifle the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 12 servings
|1-1/2||cups fat-free half-and-half|
|1/3||cup cholesterol-free egg substitute|
|2||tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream|
|2-3/4||cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided|
|1||tablespoon Marsala wine or orange juice|
|1||can (15 ounces) mandarin orange segments, well drained|
|1||can (11 ounces) mandarin orange segments, well drained|
|1||large banana, thinly sliced|
|1-1/2||teaspoons lemon juice|
|1||prepared (10 ounces) angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes|
- Blend half-and-half, sugar and cornstarch together in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Blend 1/3 cup hot half-and-half mixture into egg substitute in small bowl. Stir into remaining half-and-half mixture. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Let stand 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in sour cream and vanilla.
- Place 3/4 cup strawberries and wine in blender or food processor; purée until smooth. Reserve 15 orange segments and 1/4 cup strawberries in small bowl; set aside. Combine banana, remaining 1-3/4 cups strawberries, remaining orange segments and lemon juice in medium bowl.
- Place half the cake cubes in bottom of 2- to 3-quart trifle dish or straight-sided glass serving bowl. Drizzle half of strawberry purée over cake. Top with half of fruit mixture and half of custard. Repeat layers with remaining cake, purée and fruit mixture. Spoon remaining custard over fruit mixture.
- Arrange reserved orange segments and reserved strawberries decoratively over custard.
|Serving Size:||about 1 cup|
|Calories from Fat||3 %|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
Check out more recipes for Trifles & Parfaits