Makes 12 to 14 servings
|5-1/2||cups cake batter, divided|
|1||(10-inch) round cake board, covered, or large platter|
|1||container (16 ounces) white frosting|
|3||chocolate sandwich cookies|
|1||individual chocolate-covered cake roll|
|Assorted candies and red licorice whip|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9-inch round cake pan and medium muffin pan. Pour 3-1/2 cups cake batter into cake pan; pour remaining cake batter into muffin pan (1/4 cup batter per muffin cup). Bake cake in pan 35 to 45 minutes and cupcakes about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in pans. Loosen edges; invert onto wire racks and cool completely.
- Trim tops and sides of round cake and two cupcakes. (Reserve remaining cupcakes for another use.) Place cake on prepared cake board. Position two cupcakes next to cake to form ears.
- Tint frosting orange.
- Frost entire cake and cupcakes with orange frosting.
- Carefully open two sandwich cookies to expose white filling. Place opened cookies on tiger's ears. Cut two thin slices from cake roll; place on tiger's face for eyes.
- Add pretzel whiskers, cookie nose, candy mouth and chocolate sprinkle stripes as desired.
Check out more recipes for Kid-Friendly Recipes