Makes 2 servings
|1/2||cup chopped fresh tomatoes|
|1||teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)|
|1/2||clove garlic, minced|
|1/4||teaspoon dried oregano leaves|
|1/8||teaspoon ground cumin|
|4||ounces ground beef round|
|1/4||cup cooked brown or white rice|
|2||tablespoons cholesterol-free egg substitute or 1 egg white|
|1||tablespoon finely chopped onion|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||large bell pepper, any color, seeded and cut in half lengthwise|
|2||sheets (12X12 inches) heavy-duty foil, lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray|
- Preheat toaster oven or oven to 400°F.
- Combine tomatoes, cilantro, if desired, garlic, oregano and cumin in small bowl. Set aside.
- Thoroughly combine beef, rice, egg substitute, onion, salt and black pepper in medium bowl. Stir 1/3 cup tomato mixture into beef mixture. Spoon filling evenly into pepper halves; place each pepper half on foil sheet.
- Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packet. Place on toaster oven tray (or baking sheet if using oven).
- Bake 30 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and pepper halves are tender. Serve with remaining tomato salsa, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Beef