Stuffed Eggplant the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 4 servings
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|2||(8 to 12 ounces each) eggplants|
|1||pound boneless sirloin steak, trimmed of visible fat, cut into 1/4-inch strips|
|2||cups sliced red and green peppers|
|2||cups sliced mushrooms|
|1-1/2||teaspoons chopped garlic|
|1||teaspoon black pepper, or to taste|
|Chopped fresh parsley|
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Wash and dry eggplants, cut off stem ends, cut in half lengthwise and place face up in large baking dish. Pierce flat tops with a fork in approximately 8 places. Sprinkle each eggplant with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- While eggplants bake, spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray, add chopped garlic and ground pepper and place over medium heat, stirring lightly. Add sirloin strips; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Add green peppers and cook over medium heat 5 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water, stir and cover. Remove skillet from heat.
- Remove eggplant from oven, let cool 5 minutes. Mash cooked eggplant centers with fork, but do not break shells.
- Top each half with cooked beef mixture; blend with cooked mashed eggplant. Cover with foil; bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Garnish with paprika and chopped parsley.
|Serving Size:||1/2 eggplant|
|Saturated Fat||<2 g|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Calories from Fat||19 %|
Check out more recipes for Beef