Stuffed French Toast with Apricot and Orange Marmalade Sauce the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Stuffed French Toast with Apricot and Orange Marmalade Sauce
Makes 6 to 8 servings
|Apricot and Orange Marmalade Sauce|
|1||package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened|
|1/2||cup (4 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese|
|1/4||cup orange marmalade|
|1||loaf (16 ounces) Vienna bread|
- Prepare Apricot and Orange Marmalade Sauce. Preheat oven to 475°F. Lightly grease baking sheet.
- Beat cream cheese in medium bowl until smooth. Beat in ricotta, marmalade and sugar.
- Trim ends from bread; discard. Slice bread into 8 (1-1/2-inch-thick) slices. Cut a pocket in each bread slice by cutting through top crust and almost to bottom, leaving sides of bread slices intact. Carefully fill each pocket with about 3 tablespoons cream cheese mixture.
- Beat eggs in large shallow dish. Add milk and vanilla; whisk until blended. Dip 1 piece bread at a time into egg mixture; turn over and allow to soak up egg mixture.
- Place filled slices onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Bake 5 minutes or until golden on bottom. Turn slices over; sprinkle with nutmeg. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until golden on bottom. Baked toast should feel just slightly crisp on surface. Serve with Apricot and Orange Marmalade Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
Check out more recipes for French Toast