Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Makes about 1-1/2 cups
|1||tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1/2||cup pine nuts|
|1||jar (8 ounces) sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, undrained|
|1||cup fresh Italian parsley|
|1/2||cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1/4||cup coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olives|
|2||teaspoons dried basil|
|1/4||teaspoon red pepper flakes|
- To toast pine nuts, heat oil in small skillet over medium-low heat. Add pine nuts; cook 30 to 45 seconds or until lightly browned, shaking pan constantly. Remove nuts from skillet with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Combine toasted pine nuts and garlic in work bowl of food processor. Process using on/off pulsing action until mixture is finely chopped.
- Add tomatoes with oil to work bowl; process until finely chopped. Add parsley, cheese, olives, basil and pepper flakes; process until mixture resembles thick paste, scraping down side of bowl occasionally with small spatula.
- Spoon pesto into decorative food storage crock or jar with tight-fitting lid; cover.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 month.
For a quick and easy appetizer, serve this flavorful pesto spread on toasted slices of Italian bread.
Check out more recipes for Italian