Sunday Supper Stuffed Shells the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Sunday Supper Stuffed Shells
Makes 8 to 9 servings
|1||package (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells|
|1||package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|3||cloves fresh garlic, peeled|
|3/4||pound ground veal|
|3/4||pound ground pork|
|1||cup parsley, finely chopped|
|1||cup bread crumbs|
|3||cloves fresh garlic, minced|
|3||tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese|
|Salt to taste|
|3||cups spaghetti sauce|
|Sauteed zucchini slices (optional)|
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Place in colander and rinse under warm running water. Drain well.
- Cook spinach according to package directions. Place in colander to drain. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Squeeze spinach between hands to remove excess moisture. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir whole garlic cloves in hot oil until garlic is lightly browned. Discard garlic.
- Add veal and pork to skillet. Cook until lightly brown, stirring to separate meat; drain drippings. Cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 12X8-inch baking pan.
- Combine spinach, parsley, bread crumbs, eggs, minced garlic and cheese in large bowl; blend well. Season to taste with salt. Add cooled meat mixture; blend well. Fill shells with meat mixture using spoon.
- Spread about 1 cup of spaghetti sauce over bottom of prepared pan. Arrange shells in pan. Pour remaining sauce over shells. Cover with foil.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with zucchini. Garnish as desired.
Check out more recipes for Pasta