Sunflower Snack Cake
Makes one 13X9-inch cake
|1-1/2||cups granulated sugar|
|1/2||cup packed brown sugar|
|2||cups sour cream|
|3||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon baking powder|
|1||teaspoon baking soda|
|1/2||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1-1/2||cups chopped peeled apples|
|1/2||cup unsalted sunflower seeds, toasted*|
|Whipped topping and additional sunflower seeds for garnish|
*To toast sunflower seeds, spread in single layer on baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 13X9-inch baking pan.
- Beat eggs, sugars and sour cream in large bowl until well blended.
- Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl. Add to egg mixture; mix well. Stir in apples and sunflower seeds. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Prepare Streusel Topping; sprinkle over batter in pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Cakes