Makes 5 to 6 servings
|1-1/2||cups fresh bread crumbs|
|1||cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream|
|2||tablespoons butter or margarine, divided|
|1||small onion, chopped|
|1||pound ground beef|
|1/2||pound ground pork|
|3||tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided|
|1/4||teaspoon ground allspice|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||cup beef broth|
|1||cup sour cream|
|1||tablespoon all-purpose flour|
- Combine bread crumbs and cream in small bowl; mix well. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Combine beef, pork, bread crumb mixture, onion, 2 tablespoons parsley, salt, allspice and pepper in large bowl; mix well. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Pat meat mixture into 1-inch-thick square on cutting board. Cut into 36 squares. Shape each square into ball.* Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs. Cook 10 minutes or until browned on all sides and no longer pink in centers. Remove meatballs; drain on paper towels.
- Drain drippings from skillet; discard. Pour broth into skillet. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring frequently and scraping up any browned bits. Reduce heat to low.
- Combine sour cream and flour in small bowl; mix well. Stir sour cream mixture into skillet; cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not boil. Add meatballs; cook 5 minutes more. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.
Serve these meatballs with mashed potatoes, boiled red potatoes or broad egg noodles.
|Serving Size:||5 to 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat||68 %|
|Total Fat||48 g|
|Saturated Fat||24 g|
Check out more recipes for European