Sweet Potato Ravioli with Asiago Cheese Sauce
Making cookies this holiday season? Check out these tips for making Christmas cookies.
Makes 8 servings
|3/4||pound sweet potato|
|2||tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt|
|1||teaspoon minced fresh chives|
|1||tablespoon plus 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh sage, divided|
|1||tablespoon reduced-fat margarine|
|1||tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour|
|1/2||cup fat-free (skim) milk|
|1/2||cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|1/2||cup (2 ounces) shredded Asiago or Cheddar cheese|
|1/4||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/4||teaspoon white pepper|
|1/8||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake sweet potato 40 to 45 minutes or until tender. Cool completely. Peel potato and mash pulp. Stir in yogurt, chives and 1/4 teaspoon sage.
- Place wonton wrappers on counter. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon potato mixture in center of each wonton. Spread filling flat leaving 1/2-inch border. Brush edges lightly with water. Fold wontons in half diagonally, pressing lightly to seal. Place filled wontons on baking sheet and cover loosely with plastic wrap.
- Bring 1-1/2 quarts water to a boil in large saucepan. Reduce heat to medium. Add a few ravioli at a time. (Do not overcrowd.) Cook until tender, about 9 minutes. Transfer to platter with slotted spoon.
- Melt margarine in small saucepan. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk and chicken broth. Cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes. Stir in cheese, nutmeg, white pepper and cinnamon.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons sauce onto individual plates. Place 3 ravioli onto each plate. Sprinkle with remaining sage.
|Serving Size:||1/8 of total recipe|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Calories from Fat||20 %|
Check out more recipes for Italian