Sweet Potato Ravioli with Asiago Cheese Sauce the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Sweet Potato Ravioli with Asiago Cheese Sauce
Making cookies this holiday season? Check out these tips for making Christmas cookies.
Makes 8 servings
|3/4||pound sweet potato|
|2||tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt|
|1||teaspoon minced fresh chives|
|1||tablespoon plus 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh sage, divided|
|1||tablespoon reduced-fat margarine|
|1||tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour|
|1/2||cup fat-free (skim) milk|
|1/2||cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|1/2||cup (2 ounces) shredded Asiago or Cheddar cheese|
|1/4||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/4||teaspoon white pepper|
|1/8||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake sweet potato 40 to 45 minutes or until tender. Cool completely. Peel potato and mash pulp. Stir in yogurt, chives and 1/4 teaspoon sage.
- Place wonton wrappers on counter. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon potato mixture in center of each wonton. Spread filling flat leaving 1/2-inch border. Brush edges lightly with water. Fold wontons in half diagonally, pressing lightly to seal. Place filled wontons on baking sheet and cover loosely with plastic wrap.
- Bring 1-1/2 quarts water to a boil in large saucepan. Reduce heat to medium. Add a few ravioli at a time. (Do not overcrowd.) Cook until tender, about 9 minutes. Transfer to platter with slotted spoon.
- Melt margarine in small saucepan. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk and chicken broth. Cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes. Stir in cheese, nutmeg, white pepper and cinnamon.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons sauce onto individual plates. Place 3 ravioli onto each plate. Sprinkle with remaining sage.
|Serving Size:||1/8 of total recipe|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Calories from Fat||20 %|
Check out more recipes for Italian