Sweet Potato Soufflé
Making cookies this holiday season? Check out these tips for making Christmas cookies.
Makes 8 servings
|1-1/4||pounds (about 3 medium-size) sweet potatoes|
|1/4||teaspoon white pepper|
|1/4||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|3/4||cup heavy cream|
- Place unpeeled potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover with lid. Boil 20 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain well and cool to room temperature before continuing.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Generously butter 1-1/2 quart soufflé dish casserole.
- Peel potatoes and mash with salt, white pepper, nutmeg and cream; beat with wooden spoon or electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat egg whites with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently but thoroughly fold egg whites into potato mixture until completely incorporated.
- Pour into prepared soufflé dish. Place soufflé dish in 13X9-inch baking pan and place in oven. Pour enough boiling water into baking pan to come 1 inch up side of soufflé dish. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Check out more recipes for Vegetable Side Dish