Sweet & Sour Chicken the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Sweet & Sour Chicken
Makes 2 servings
|2||boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|2||sheets (18X12 inches) heavy-duty foil, lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray|
|Salt and black pepper|
|1/2||medium green bell pepper, cut in short, thin strips|
|1/2||medium red bell pepper, cut in short, thin strips|
|1/4||onion, cut in thin wedges|
|1/2||cup drained canned pineapple chunks|
|1/2||cup orange marmalade|
|1||tablespoon white vinegar|
|2||teaspoons soy sauce|
|Hot cooked rice (optional)|
- Prepare grill for direct cooking or preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place one chicken breast in center of one sheet of foil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place half of bell peppers and onion on each chicken breast. Top with half of pineapple chunks.
- Combine marmalade, vinegar, cornstarch and soy sauce in small bowl; stir until cornstarch is dissolved. Pour half over vegetables.
- Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packets, leaving head space for heat circulation. Repeat with remaining chicken, vegetables, pineapple and sauce mixture. Place packets on baking sheet.
- Slide packets off baking sheet onto grid of covered grill. Grill 12 to 14 minutes over medium-high coals until chicken is no longer pink in center. Or, bake packets on baking sheet 16 to 18 minutes. Carefully open one end of each packet to allow steam to escape. Open packets and transfer mixture to serving plates. Serve with rice, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Chinese