Swiss Puffs the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
This recipe is part of the recipe for Devilish Crab Puffs
Makes about 4 dozen
|1/4||cup (1/2 stick) butter|
|Pinch ground nutmeg|
|Pinch white pepper|
|1||cup all-purpose flour|
|4||eggs, at room temperature|
|1||cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided|
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Heat milk, water, butter, salt, nutmeg and pepper in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until mixture boils. Remove pan from heat; add flour all at once, mixing until smooth. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture leaves side of pan clean and forms a ball. Remove pan from heat.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until smooth and shiny after each addition. Continue beating until mixture loses its gloss. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of batter 1 inch apart onto prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until puffs are golden brown. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Before filling, cut tops off puffs; scoop out and discard moist dough in centers.
Check out more recipes for European