Szechuan Chicken Salad
Makes 6 servings
|1||package (5 ounces) Chinese-style rice noodles|
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|1||pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2X1/2-inch pieces|
|3||cups snow peas|
|2||cups small broccoli florets|
|2||cups matchstick-size carrot strips|
|2||cups sliced mushrooms|
|1/4||cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided|
|3||tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|3||to 4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar|
|1||tablespoon sesame oil|
|1||tablespoon Szechuan hot and spicy all-purpose sauce|
|1/2||teaspoon five-spice powder|
|3||cups coarsely chopped napa cabbage|
- Cook noodles according to package directions; cool to room temperature.
- Spray wok or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; stir-fry 5 to 7 minutes or until browned and no longer pink in center. Remove chicken from wok.
- Add snow peas, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms and 2 tablespoons water to wok; cook, covered, 2 minutes. Uncover; stir-fry about 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from wok.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup water and cornstarch in small bowl; stir in soy sauce, vinegar, oil, hot and spicy sauce and five-spice powder. Add to wok; heat to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Return chicken and vegetables to wok; toss to coat with cornstarch mixture.
- Divide cabbage among 6 serving plates; arrange noodles over cabbage. Top with warm chicken mixture. Serve immediately.
|Calories from Fat||15 %|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Check out more recipes for Chinese