Tariq Hanna created this Tahitian Vanilla Butter Cake recipe in the first season of TLC's 'Ultimate Cake Off'.
|1||# 5 oz sugar|
|1||# 4 oz cake flour|
|3/4||oz baking soda|
|9||oz whole milk|
|5 1/4||oz whole eggs|
|6 3/4||oz egg whites|
|3/4||oz vanilla paste|
|18||oz butter (melted)|
|6||oz vegetable oil|
|2||tsp lemon juice|
|1 1/2||Tbs corn syrup|
|1||cup heavy cream|
|1||Tbs vanilla paste|
|2||Tbs fleur de sel|
|1||# 4 oz butter|
|1||# 2 oz powder sugar|
|2||cups heavy cream|
|3||Tbs vanilla extract|
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add milk and whole eggs in three stages till just mixed.
- Add egg whites and mix till smooth.
- Add butter, oil and vanilla, mix at medium speed for three minutes.
- Divide into two 10-inch pans. Bake for approximately one houror till toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on rack.
- In a non-reactive pot, combine sugar, lemon juice, corn syrup and water and begin to carmelize over medium heat. When fully carmelized and all granules are dissolved, remove from heat.
- Carefully add cream, then butter and vanilla. Stir well till combined
- Refrigerate till ready to use.
- Cream butter and powder sugar for 10 minutes on high speed.
- Add heavy cream and vanilla and cream for five minutes
- Reserve 2/3 buttercream for decorating cake.
- Add caramel to 1/3 buttercream for filling.
Check out more recipes for Cakes