Take-and-Shake Salad the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 5 servings
|1||can (15 ounces) low-sodium garbanzo beans|
|1||pint cherry tomatoes, preferably sweet grape variety|
|1||can (14 ounces) quartered artichoke hearts, drained|
|1||can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained|
|4||ounces sliced mushrooms|
|1/2||medium green bell pepper, chopped|
|4||ounces crumbled low-fat feta cheese OR 1 cup cooked, diced, skinless, boneless chicken breast meat|
|5||cups chopped Romaine lettuce|
|2/3||cup cider vinegar|
|1-1/2||tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil|
|2||packets sugar substitute|
|1||teaspoon dried oregano leaves|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
- Place beans and cherry tomatoes in colander and run under cold water until rinsed.
- In large mixing bowl, combine bean mixture, artichokes, olives, mushrooms, bell pepper and feta or chicken. Toss gently to blend. Place equal amounts of salad mixture into 5 gallon-sized plastic resealable bags.
- In measuring cup, combine vinegar, olive oil, sugar substitute, oregano and black pepper. Whisk until well blended. Spoon 3 tablespoons of dressing into 5 small plastic resealable bags. Seal and place one in each of the salad bags. Seal and refrigerate until needed.
- To transport, add 1 cup of lettuce to each salad bag the day the salad is being served. Do not add lettuce prior to that time or it will become limp.
- To serve, pour dressing into gallon-size bag with salad. Seal bag and toss to coat salad with dressing.
|Serving Size:||about 3 cups salad|
|Calories from Fat||31 %|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Check out more recipes for Salads