Tamale Beef Squares the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Tamale Beef Squares
Makes 6 servings
|1||package (6-1/2 ounces) corn muffin and corn bread mix|
|1/3||cup fat-free (skim) milk|
|1/4||cup cholesterol-free egg substitute|
|1||tablespoon canola oil|
|1||pound 90% lean ground beef|
|3/4||cup chopped onion|
|1||cup frozen corn kernels|
|1||can (about 14 ounces) Mexican-style stewed tomatoes|
|3/4||cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese|
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 12X8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together corn muffin mix, milk, egg substitute and oil. Spread in bottom of prepared dish.
- Cook ground beef and onion in large skillet 6 to 8 minutes over medium-high heat, sitrring to break up meat. Drain fat. Stir in corn.
- Mix together tomatoes and cornstarch, breaking up any large pieces of tomato. Stir into beef mixture in skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Spoon beef mixture over corn muffin mixture in baking dish. Cover with foil. Bake 15 minutes. Remove foil; bake 10 minutes more. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into squares.
|Serving Size:||1/6 of total recipe|
|Calories from Fat||45 %|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
Check out more recipes for Mexican