Tex-Mex Noodle Cake
Noodle cakes are typically Asian, but try this Tex-Mex version using angel hair pasta and you will insist it comes from the southwest!
Makes 6 servings
|8||ounces uncooked angel hair pasta|
|1/2||cup finely chopped red bell pepper|
|1||egg plus 1 egg white|
|2||tablespoons fat-free skim milk|
|3||tablespoons grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese|
|2||teaspoons chili powder|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|Minced fresh cilantro (optional)|
|Plain nonfat yogurt|
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool slightly, but do not rinse. Place pasta in medium bowl with bell pepper.
- Combine egg, egg white, milk, cheese, chili powder, cumin and black pepper in small bowl; pour over pasta, tossing to coat evenly.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add pasta mixture, spreading evenly and pressing firmly. Cook over medium-low heat until bottom is golden brown, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Slide noodle cake onto large plate, invert and return noodle cake to skillet. Cook until brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cut into wedges; serve warm, topped with yogurt and cilantro, if desired.
|Calories from Fat||20 %|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
Check out more recipes for Southwestern