Thai Chicken Fettuccine Salad
Makes 4 servings
|3||boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)|
|6||ounces uncooked fettuccine|
|1/4||cup chunky peanut butter|
|2||tablespoons orange juice|
|1||teaspoon soy sauce|
|1/2||teaspoon ground ginger|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|Lettuce or savoy cabbage leaves (optional)|
|1/4||cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro|
|1/4||cup peanut halves|
|1/4||cup thin red pepper strips, cut into halves|
|Additional salsa (optional)|
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- While pasta is cooking, combine 1 cup salsa, peanut butter, honey, orange juice, soy sauce and ginger in small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until blended and smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup salsa mixture.
- Place pasta in large bowl. Pour remaining salsa mixture over pasta; toss gently to coat.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook and stir chicken in hot oil about 5 minutes until chicken is browned on the outside and no longer pink in center.
- Add reserved salsa mixture; mix well.
- Arrange pasta on lettuce-lined platter, if desired. Place chicken mixture on pasta. Top with cilantro, peanut halves and pepper strips.
- Refrigerate until mixture is cooled to room temperature. Serve with additional salsa. Garnish, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Thai