Thai Satay Chicken Skewers the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Thai Satay Chicken Skewers
Makes 4 servings
|1||pound boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|1/3||cup soy sauce|
|2||tablespoons fresh lime juice|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||teaspoon grated fresh ginger|
|3/4||teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|3/4||cup canned unsweetened coconut milk|
|1||tablespoon creamy peanut butter|
|4||green onions with tops, cut into 1-inch pieces|
- Cut chicken crosswise into 3/8-inch-wide strips; place in shallow glass dish.
- Combine soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes in small bowl. Reserve 3 tablespoons mixture. Add water to remaining mixture. Pour over chicken; toss to coat well. Cover; marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours, stirring mixture occasionally.
- Soak 8 (10- to 12-inch) bamboo skewers 20 minutes in cold water to prevent them from burning; drain. Prepare grill for direct cooking.
- Meanwhile, for peanut sauce, combine coconut milk, 3 tablespoons reserved soy sauce mixture and peanut butter in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 2 to 4 minutes or until sauce thickens. Keep warm.
- Drain chicken; reserve marinade. Weave 3 to 4 chicken strips accordion-style onto each skewer, alternating with green onion pieces. Brush chicken and onions with reserved marinade. Discard remaining marinade.
- Place skewers on grid. Grill skewers on uncovered grill over medium-hot coals 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning halfway through grilling time. Serve with warm peanut sauce for dipping.
Check out more recipes for Thai