The Thousand Legged Worm
Makes 1 worm (3 dozen cookies)
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|2||containers (16 ounces each) chocolate frosting|
|Black licorice strings, cut into 3-inch pieces|
|1||marshmallow and coconut covered chocolate snack cake|
|Miniature round butter cookies and assorted chewy candies|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Remove dough from wrapper according to package directions.
- Cut dough into 30 (1/2-inch) slices. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread underside of 1 cookie with 1 tablespoon frosting. Top with another cookie, pressing gently. Set aside.
- Spread underside of another cookie with frosting, insert 1 piece of licorice into frosting on each side of cookie and attach to reserved sandwich cookie with frosting.
- Repeat until 6 cookies are sandwiched together with frosting and licorice.
- Place cookie stack on its side on serving platter. Repeat with remaining cookies, frosting and licorice.
- Attach snack cake to 1 end of worm using frosting.
- Decorate with cookies and assorted candies to resemble face.
To make this party worm into a cute birthday worm, insert birthday candles into the frosting used to hold the cookies together. It's sure to be the hit of the party.
Check out more recipes for Cooking with Kids