The Thousand Legged Worm
Makes 1 worm (3 dozen cookies)
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|2||containers (16 ounces each) chocolate frosting|
|Black licorice strings, cut into 3-inch pieces|
|1||marshmallow and coconut covered chocolate snack cake|
|Miniature round butter cookies and assorted chewy candies|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Remove dough from wrapper according to package directions.
- Cut dough into 30 (1/2-inch) slices. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread underside of 1 cookie with 1 tablespoon frosting. Top with another cookie, pressing gently. Set aside.
- Spread underside of another cookie with frosting, insert 1 piece of licorice into frosting on each side of cookie and attach to reserved sandwich cookie with frosting.
- Repeat until 6 cookies are sandwiched together with frosting and licorice.
- Place cookie stack on its side on serving platter. Repeat with remaining cookies, frosting and licorice.
- Attach snack cake to 1 end of worm using frosting.
- Decorate with cookies and assorted candies to resemble face.
To make this party worm into a cute birthday worm, insert birthday candles into the frosting used to hold the cookies together. It's sure to be the hit of the party.
Check out more recipes for Kid-Friendly Recipes