Tilapia & Sweet Corn Baked in Foil
Makes 2 servings
|2/3||cup fresh or frozen corn kernels|
|1/4||cup finely chopped onion|
|1/4||cup finely chopped red bell pepper|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary, divided|
|1/2||teaspoon salt, divided|
|1/4||to 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided|
|2||sheets (18X12 inches) heavy-duty foil, lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray|
|2||tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)|
|1||teaspoon olive oil|
- Preheat toaster oven or oven to 400°F.
- Combine corn, onion, bell pepper, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon salt and half the black pepper in small bowl. Spoon half the corn mixture onto each sheet of foil, spreading out slightly.
- Arrange tilapia fillets on top of corn mixture. Brush fish with oil; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packets, leaving head space for heat circulation. Place packets on toaster oven tray or on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until fish is opaque throughout. Remove packets from oven. Carefully open one end of each packet to allow steam to escape. Open packets and transfer contents to serving plates.
Heavy-duty foil can be substituted for the parchment paper. To serve, remove fish and corn from foil.
For a special flavor, roast corn and red bell pepper on foil-lined baking sheet, lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, in 450°F oven for 15 minutes or until slightly brown, stirring once. Then proceed with recipe as directed above.
|Calories from Fat||21% %|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
Check out more recipes for Fish