Tilapia & Sweet Corn Baked in Parchment
Makes 2 servings
|2/3||cup fresh or frozen corn kernels|
|1/4||cup finely chopped onion|
|1/4||cup finely chopped red bell pepper|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary, divided|
|1/2||teaspoon salt, divided|
|1/4||to 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided|
|2||tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)|
|1||teaspoon olive oil|
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut two 15-inch squares of parchment paper; fold each piece in half.
- Combine corn, onion, bell pepper, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon salt and half the black pepper in small bowl. Open parchment paper; spoon half the corn mixture on one side of each piece, spreading out slightly.
- Arrange tilapia fillets on top of corn mixture. Brush fish with oil; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- To seal packets, fold other half of parchment over fish and corn. Fold and crimp along edges until completely sealed. Place packets on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until fish is opaque throughout. Remove packets to serving plates. Carefully cut centers of packets and peel back paper. Garnish as desired.
Heavy-duty foil can be substituted for the parchment paper. To serve, remove fish and corn from foil.
For a special flavor, roast corn and red bell pepper on foil-lined baking sheet, lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, in 450°F oven for 15 minutes or until slightly brown, stirring once. Then proceed with recipe as directed above.
|Calories from Fat||21 %|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
Check out more recipes for Fish