Toasted Ravioli with Fresh Tomato-Basil Salsa
Everybody loves pasta, and your guests will be begging for the recipe for these crispy tidbits. They'll never believe that they are low in fat and calories too!
Makes 8 servings
|1||package (about 9 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli|
|Nonstick olive oil cooking spray|
|3/4||cup plain dry bread crumbs|
|2||tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese|
|1||teaspoon dried basil|
|1||teaspoon dried oregano leaves|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|Fresh Tomato-Basil Salsa|
- Cook ravioli according to package directions, omitting salt. Rinse under cold running water until ravioli are cool; drain well.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray large nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine bread crumbs, cheese, basil, oregano and pepper in medium bowl.
- Beat egg whites lightly in shallow dish. Add ravioli; toss lightly to coat. Transfer ravioli, a few at a time, to crumb mixture; toss to coat evenly. Arrange on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ravioli. Spray tops of ravioli with cooking spray.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until crisp. Meanwhile, prepare Fresh Tomato-Basil Salsa; serve with ravioli.
|Serving Size:||6 ravioli with 2 tablespoons salsa|
|Calories from Fat||29 %|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Check out more recipes for Italian