Toffee'd Mocha Chocolate Mousse the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Toffee'd Mocha Chocolate Mousse
Makes 2 servings
|1||package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened|
|1/3||cup packed light brown sugar|
|4||ounces mascarpone cheese|
|1/4||cup plus 1 tablespoon whipping cream, divided|
|1-1/2||teaspoons instant espresso coffee, finely chopped|
|2||tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1||bar (1.4 ounces) chocolate-covered English toffee, finely crushed|
- Blend cream cheese with sugar in medium bowl with fork until combined. Stir in mascarpone and vanilla.
- Beat 1/4 cup whipping cream with mixer at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into cheese mixture, in 3 additions.
- Dissolve coffee in 1/2 teaspoon hot water. Divide cheese mixture in half; mix coffee into half of cheese mixture until blended. Set aside.
- Blend cocoa into remaining 1 tablespoon whipping cream. Add 2 tablespoons of remaining cheese mixture into chocolate paste to lighten, then stir chocolate paste into remaining cheese mixture until smooth. Reserve 1 tablespoon.
- Divide chocolate mixture between 2 custard cups and smooth; sprinkle each with half of candy. Add half of coffee mixture to each custard cup, and smooth tops.
- Place reserved chocolate mixture in small resealable bag. Cut small piece of one corner of bag. Pipe heart onto each mousse. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
|Saturated Fat||36 g|
|Total Fat||62 g|
|Calories from Fat||65 %|
Check out more recipes for Mousse