This delicious, healthy focaccia can be eaten as a snack or served as an accompaniment to any soup or salad.
Makes 16 servings
|1||package (16 ounces) hot roll mix|
|2||tablespoons wheat bran|
|1-1/4||cups hot water|
|4||teaspoons olive oil, divided|
|1||cup thinly sliced onion|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||cup sun-dried tomatoes (4 ounces dry), rehydrated and cut into strips|
|1||cup artichoke hearts, sliced|
|1||tablespoon minced fresh rosemary|
|2||tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
*To rehydrate sun-dried tomatoes, simply pour 1 cup boiling water over tomatoes in small heatproof bowl. Let tomatoes soak 5 to 10 minutes until softened; drain well.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine dry ingredients and contents of yeast packet from hot roll mix in large bowl. Add bran; mix well. Stir in hot water and 2 teaspoons oil. Knead dough about 5 minutes or until ingredients are blended.
- Spray 15-1/2X11-1/2-inch baking pan or 14-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray. Press dough onto bottom of prepared pan. Cover; let rise 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in medium skillet over low heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Brush surface of dough with remaining teaspoon oil. Top dough with onion mixture, tomatoes, artichokes and fresh rosemary. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Cut into 16 squares. Garnish each square with fresh rosemary sprigs, if desired.
|Serving Size:||1 focaccia square|
|Calories from Fat||15 %|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
Check out more recipes for Italian