Tombstones the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 10 servings
|3/4||cup all-purpose flour|
|3||tablespoons powdered sugar|
|2||tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1/2||cup (1 stick) butter, cut into pieces|
|1||package (4-serving size) instant vanilla or white chocolate pudding and pie filling mix|
|3/4||cup cold milk|
|Orange food coloring|
|1||container (8 ounces) frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed|
|Icings and Halloween decors|
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa and salt in small bowl. Bring water and butter to a boil in medium saucepan over high heat, stirring until butter is melted. Reduce heat to low; add flour mixture. Stir until mixture forms ball. Remove from heat. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until mixture is smooth.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease baking sheet. Spoon about 1/4 cup dough onto prepared baking sheet. With wet knife, form into tombstone shape, about 3-1/2X2-inches. Repeat with remaining dough to form 10 tombstones, placing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until puffed and dry on top. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine pudding mix and cold milk in medium bowl until smooth; stir in food coloring. Cover and refrigerate about 20 minutes or until set. Stir whipped topping into pudding until well blended. Cover and refrigerate about 20 minutes or until set.
- With serrated knife, carefully cut each tombstone in half horizontally; remove soft interior, leaving hollow shell. Decorate top of each shell with icing and decors as desired. Just before serving, fill bottom shells evenly with pudding mixture; cover with top shells.
Check out more recipes for Halloween