No cupcake list would be complete without mentioning the good old standbys. Are you a diehard chocolate lover? Do you enjoy the simple sweetness of vanilla? Are you a serious strawberry fan? Sometimes nothing satisfies a flavor craving like a double dose of it.
A chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting, a vanilla cupcake with vanilla frosting, a strawberry cupcake with strawberry frosting, a lemon cupcake with lemon frosting -- for a true flavor fan, nothing could be better. There's a reason these tried-and-true doubled-up flavor combinations are still featured by bakeries the world over -- sometimes you just want it simple, and these classic favorites fit the bill.
Haven't had your fill just yet? Get more cupcake goodness from the links on the following page.
- Anderson, Jean. "The American Century Cook-Book: The Most Popular Recipes of the 20th Century." Clark N. Potter Publishers. 1997.
- Cupcake. "Cupcake Flavors." 2010. (May 5, 2010).http://www.freshcupcakes.com/flavors.html
- The Cup Cake Spot, Inc. "Cup Cake Menu." 2009. (May 5, 2010).http://www.thecupcakespotinc.com/menu.html
- The Cupcake Station. "Cupcake Flavors." 2010. (May 5, 2010). http://www.cupcakestation.com/flavors.asp
- Hello Cupcake. "Flavors." (May 5, 2010).http://www.hellocupcakeonline.com/flavors.html
- Iron Cupcake: Earth. "How Does Iron Cupcake: Earth Work?" www.ironcupcakeearth.com. July 25, 2008. (May 7, 2010).http://www.ironcupcakeearth.com/2008/07/how-does-iron-cupcakeearth-work.html
- Kickass Cupcakes. "Flavors." 2010. (May 5, 2010).http://www.kickasscupcakes.com/Flavors.php
- Rinsky, Glenn and Laura Halpin Rinsky. "The Pastry Chef's Companion: A Comprehensive Resource Guide for the Baking and Pastry Professional." John Wiley and Sons. 2008.
- Peters, Colette. "Colette's Birthday Cakes." Little, Brown and Company. 2000.
- Sprinkles Cupcakes. "Flavors." 2010. (May 5, 2010).http://www.sprinkles.com/flavors.html
- Trophy Cupcakes. "Flavors." 2010. (May 5, 2010).http://www.trophycupcakes.com/flavors.htm
Everyone loves getting holiday cookies. But nobody loves getting cookie crumbles. HowStuffWorks has tips to ship your cookies so they don't break.